LATEST PUBLICATIONS
WP-2019-06
Skills Needs Anticipation (SNA): Workplace Skills and Satisfaction (WSS) Baseline Survey of Select Employers in the Construction Industry
WP-2019-05
Strengthening Multi-employer Bargaining: Policies and Practices (Phase II)
WP-2019-04
Non-Hazardous Activities for Children: The Case of Banana and Sugarcane Supply Chains
WP-2019-03
Strengthening Preparedness for Migrant Worker Reintegration: Thematic Analysis and Local Index Tool Development

LATEST AV MATERIALS
PIDS WB 2021-0905
7th Mindanao Policy Research Forum
PIDS WB 2021-0905
Annual Public Policy Conference Webinar 4: Robust and Healthy Workforce and Closing Program
PIDS WB 2021-0904
Annual Public Policy Conference Webinar 3: Green And Inclusive Recovery
PIDS WB 2021-0903
Annual Public Policy Conference Webinar 2: Ethical Business
Publication Detail
NCPAG PJPA 2007-1-4: The Philippine administrative system as an enabling institution : a framework and a teaching methodology

This study assesses whether five government and two non-government inputs into public high schools matter in the schools' performance in the National Achievement Test for fourth-year students. The government inputs are: the average number of students per teacher, the average number of students per class, the average number of students per room (counting laboratory, computer, home economics and other special rooms), the average number of students using a classroom seat, and the average number of students using a classroom seat, and the average number of students per toilet bowl. The non-government inputs were the drop-out rate and the total enrolment of the school. The results showed that both non-government variables were relevant to performance on the test. Of the five government variables, only two mattered: the average number of students when all types of rooms were counted, and the average number of students per toilet bowl. It was also found that the seven variables could account only for 2.5% of the total variability in the test, leaving 97.5% unaccounted for. Suggestions were given in order that more of the remaining 97.5% variance could be explained in the future.

UP-National College of Public Administration and Governance
Authors Keywords
Felipe, Abraham I.; Porio, Carolina C.; Academic achievement; Basic Education Information Statistics (BEIS); High school students -- Philippines; National Achievement Test;
Download PDF Number of Downloads
Published in 2007 and available in the UP NCPAG Library or Downloaded 208 times since October 25, 2018
×
Please let us know your reason for downloading this publication. May we also ask you to provide additional information that will help us serve you better? Rest assured that your answers will not be shared with any outside parties. It will take you only two minutes to complete the survey. Thank you.


To use as reference:
If others, (Please specify):
Name: (optional)
Email: (required, but will not display)
Age:
Gender:
If Prefer to self-describe, please specify:
Level of Education:
Occupation:
If employed either part-time or full-time, name of office:
If others, (Please specify):
Would you like to receive the SERP-P UPDATES e-newsletter? Yes No
Use the space below if you have any comment about this publication or SERP-P knowledge resources in general.